Sunday 19 June 2016

CFO CEBU

Many of you mightn't heard of them but this is one requirement the Bureau of Immigration will ask you once you leave out of the country or renewal of passport when changing into your husband's last name.

CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) conducts seminars: GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) and PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar).

What's the difference between the two?
Well, based from what I've learnt during the seminar, which was conducted by Ms. Lucille Ronda, that GCP is a pre-departure requirement for Filipino spouses and other partners of foreign nationals or Filipinos (who are now citizens of other countries) for the issuance of passport or renewal to married name. PDOS, on the other hand, is also a pre-departure requirement for (1) Filipinos leaving the country as a family-based emigrants (petitioned by family members or husband who is still a Filipino citizen (2) Independent/ Employment-based (Migration application approval based on profession/qualification)

Attendance of CFO's PDOS in Cebu is a walk-in first come, first serve basis. Attendees are advised to be at the CFO Office two hours before the scheduled session, 10:00 AM. Emigrant children 12 years and below have to be registered by a parent and are not required to attend the PDOS. For requirements, kindly call CFO Cebu Office (032) 255-5253 or 0908-896-4984 or visit their website at http://www.cfo.gov.ph/

The seminar which I attended is called the GCP. Attendance to the said program is done thru their GCP Online Appointment System. Clients without an appointment will not be allowed to attend. Emigrant children under 12 years old who are still using Philippine passport and are issued emigrant visa, have to be registered by a parent and are thus, not required to come personally for the registration. The following requirements to bring with you during the registration are as follows:

1. Original and Photocopy of passport and (emigrant) visa page
2. Immigrant Data Summary  (IDS - Do not detach from the envelope) if bound for the US
3. (2) Valid government IDs
4. Duly accomplished registration form

REGISTRATION FORM

5. PHP400 registration fee

NOTE: Numbers 2 and 4 are only needed when you already have your visa. Always bring your original documents and only submit the ones photocopied. Never submit the original copies.

First, go to their GCP Online Appointment System


Wait for an email confirmation a minute after you registered then click on Confirm E-mail.

You will be prompt to this page and fill in the boxes with the appropriate answers. Pick a date for your seminar. Take your time for we can't afford to make mistakes. Then, click continue.


Take note on this part, you have to upload your 1x1 or 2x2 inches ID taken within the last 3 months. 

You may or may not print this page as long as you have a saved copy on your mobile device.

SAMPLE OF GCP CEBU ONLINE APPOINTMENT


I immediately texted the CFO Cebu's number to confirm what time will I need to be at the office. The GCP seminar's schedules are all in the afternoon and attendees should be there two hours before the session. However, when I received this PDF Form online with my information, if you notice below, it says be at 8:00 AM for the registration procedure. According to the reply I got, I need to be there at 8:00 AM to give allotment on the three page form which I need to fill out. 

I got there half past 8 in the morning. We climbed the stairs up to the 4th floor. We were asked to fall in line for the reviewing of requirements. I submitted a soft copy of GCP Online appointment together with my reference number, photocopies of 2 valid government IDs,  photocopy of passport, and photocopy of Report of Marriage

There were 4 cubicles and only the first and last ones were used. I was called second and had my picture taken. The teller from the window 1 instructed me to wait for my name to be called again while I filled out a two page form. Just as I was done when they called my name for the fee. We were divided according to country of destination. US and CANADA bound were joined in one room and had our PDOS Seminar at 10:00 AM. The PDOS seminar ended at 12:30 PM. The facilitator only gave us an hour for lunch and were asked to immediately return for our one-on-one interview. During the interview I was asked basic questions such how did my husband and I meet? Etc. I was also asked to provide our pictures. Good thing I had my mobile phone. Everyone else brought their photo album with them. The interviewer asked me for my husband's birth certificate. Take note, if I wasn't able to show her the document she was asking, she'd probably put my GCP certificate on hold. Like seriously, there were a few in my batch that was put on hold and were asked to come back once they have the complete requirements she asked. So be ready. 

After the interview, they presented a video about the human trafficking, how to apply for citizenship, the offices of the Philippine Embassy/Consulate in the US, etc. The facilitator asked us questions regarding the presentation then again she said for those who weren't able to answer, their GCP Certificate will be put on hold. Luckily, I was able to answer her question. It was already 7 in the evening when the seminar ended. I can now renew my passport using my husband's last name using the GCP certificate. Once my visa is available, I can come back for my CFO Sticker at CFO Cebu Office. CFO Sticker is what the Bureau of Immigrant will ask you to show in case you leave out of the country. 





1 comment:

  1. I am glad for writing to make you understand what a cool experience my wife's princess had viewing your web site. She came to find many details, which included how it is like to have an incredible helping nature to have most people smoothly completely grasp specified specialized issues. You actually did more than her desires. Many thanks for giving those helpful, dependable, informative and also fun tips about that topic to Evelyn. cfo consulting services

    ReplyDelete