Wednesday 8 June 2016

DFA CEBU | Passport

I would like to share to my avid readers (if there are any hahaha) how I applied for my 4 year old son's passport. Children 7 years and below need not to line up to get numbers as they are given priority. 

DFA Cebu is located at 4th Flr of Pacific Mall in Mandaue. Contact numbers: (032)  520-6551, (032)  520-6193 and email address: dfacebu@yahoo.com. You will know when you're there once you see a long line outside since the mall doesn't open yet until 8:00 or 9:00 am. 

Primary requirements asked from DFA Cebu for my 4 year old son were as follows:

1. Personal appearance
2. Original copy of PSA Birth Certificate with receipt
3. Original and photocopy of valid passport of the person traveling with the minor. 



Other requirements are found HERERemember to photocopy all the original documents. There are photocopy machines on the 4th floor in case you weren't able to produce one. 

Around 5:00 or 6:00 am, the security guard roamed around to hand in forms to be filled out by the applicant. Mind you most applicants already lined up since 3:00 am.

At 7:00 am, the guard started giving out priority numbers to the applicants in queue and told to be back before 10:00 am to start the  application. So once the mall opens, go directly to 4th floor.

Fortunately, I got the very first spot. The guard on the 4th floor started calling out names based on their numbers and forms submitted. I was asked to enter first since I got the first number and proceeded to window 1 for verification of documents. Not too long, my son and I moved to the other side for my payment: Php950 for regular processing which usually takes 2-3 months (based on experience) and Php1,200 for express processing for 7 working days according to DFA Website. Once payment was made, we hastily transferred to the other side where the pictures are taken. Piece of advice: wear something decent, no wearing of jewelries during the picture taking and you're good to go. Just call the numbers to follow up for your passport releasing as there may be some delays.



No comments:

Post a Comment